Thursday, January 19, 2006

WELCOME TO BLACK CAT HANDSPUN SALES!

Ok, so I've become SO obsessed with selling my handspun yarn (I swear, ever since Ashley at Neauveau told me that a) she was selling my yarns and 2) I'd impressed her - maybe she was just being kind, but let me dream - I have been doing spontaneous happy dances around my house!) that I decided to start a blog just for SELLING my handspun, so it's not clogging up my blog where I just TALK about my handspun, and my spinning friends, and my LOVE of fiber. I LOVE fiber! Let me tell you, I wish I'd known about all things fiber-y when I was in high school, before I decided to go to a liberal arts college for marine biology of all things, or when I was IN college and decided to switch my major to English (you want fries with that?) so I could slog around in low-paying, low-respect, glorified secretarial jobs for 3 years before being laid off from my last full-time job TWO MONTHS before my wedding...and then spend way too much time on unemployment and then even more time earning barely over minimum wage working at a bookstore before temping for years...before having my beautiful daughter and having my wonderful hubby let me stay home with her while we scrimp and live from paycheck to paycheck in a too-small rowhome with a screaming psycho of a neighbor on one side and a screaming mother of 4 pounding elephants (they're not children, they can't be, children don't make THAT much noise, not even FOUR of them!) on the other that make me want to pull my hair out on a regular basis - I wish I'd known that there were people called fiber artists BEFORE all that, so I could have at least ENJOYED what I was doing for the past several years while we lived from paycheck to paycheck!

Ok, sorry about that...man, this blogging thing is liberating! On to the yarns!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Spin Sisters
<< | # | ? |>>